- “The Principals at New Canaan Funding are incisive, discerning investors, and excellent partners. Their analysis is grounded by decades of real world experience that allows them to see the bigger picture that other debt investors often miss. They are clear and quick in reaching their views and then consistently deliver on their commitments.”
~Arsenal Capital Partners, Gene Gorbach
- “New Canaan Funding has been a thoughtful, supportive partner of ours for over a decade.”
~The Riverside Company, Anne Hayes
- Alignment of interests: Sharing your risk by taking an equity stake in investments
- Partner with private equity sponsors exclusively
- Maintain an industry diversified portfolio
- Seek companies with the following characteristics:
- Small, niche markets
- Market leadership
- Strong management team
- Recurring revenue
- Stable cash flow
- Fund Size: $263 million mezzanine fund.
- Company Size: Greater than $5 million in EBITDA.
- Investment Size: $5 million to $25 million. NCF can also arrange or participate in larger transactions by co-investing with our limited partners or other mezzanine providers.
- Sponsored buyouts, recapitalizations and growth financings.
- Geography: Businesses located in the United States.
- Industries: Focus primarily on established companies in the business service, niche manufacturing, software, education and healthcare sectors. Industries that NCF does not typically pursue include retail, construction, energy and real estate.